E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive heard good thing about about this place and it was recomended by some of you on the board. ive never been there before so i don't know but do they have spring a for cars too. me and a friend(phoenix02) want to get springs but want them to be done by someplace that knows what there doing. what do you guys think should we go there. action tire in lodi said it would be like 450-480 for h&r spings for my car installed. is that a good price. install is like 200 bucks there. action has them in stoke. thats alright since neither of us is looking to do it right away anyway. does anyone else know of a good place in northern nj that does springs for bimmers and would likely have them instock. :harv:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Action tire put spring on my old audi and they id a good job, but this was over 5 years ago. However, there is a place called euro tire in Fairfield on rt 46 and I bet they would do an awesome job if they will do it. If you do not mind traveling I would go to sound effectz in Rahway. I think that they are the best.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was just looking at the pictures from HIN over this weekend and a lot of guys have Ultima stickers and some body work was doen by them. where is it and what do they do body work, audio, ect.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Motorworkswest in Wyckoff (my town ;) ) They are Dinan dealer and just do BMWs. They will be expensive but they do great work and the place is always clean. You get what u pay for in life.
Sometimes its worth the extra $50-$100.
201-847-8877
Mike

·
Registered
141 Posts
I think a fair price in NJ would be around $150 for spring installed. You can try Freedman tires on route 27. BTW breyton3er I still haven't install the basslink yet. I just received my basslink remote today. I think I'm gonna try installing it tomorrow.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yep thats whats i gots.
In a few weeks Ill be getting some new wheels from Scott at Precision unless I buy a mini (muhahhahah)

cya
Mike

·
next mod: recaro child seat
1,884 Posts
i'm still shopping for a BMW, but one reason i'm switching from VW to BMW is Motor Works West in Wyckoff. 2 guys i work with (in Franklin Lakes) HIGHLY recommend them. Facility and work are top notch...i haven't found a reliable VW tuner in the area in my 6 years of ownership...time to step up and give BMW a try...

sidenote: i've bought 4 sets of tires from Precision and they have been a pleasure to deal with; don't know about their other mechanical skills. Action Tire was an account i had when i used to detail cars...they *used to* (7 years ago) outsource stuff like that, i think to Hackensack Spring...not sure about now though...

·
Registered
345 Posts
what do u guys think is a good price to have H&R cupkit installed?:dunno:

·
Rogue Engineering
1,611 Posts
DEFINATELY go to Precision.....they have did so much work to my Audi...definately recommended

·
next mod: recaro child seat
1,884 Posts
Cup Kit will cost the same as just doing springs..same stuff has to be disassmbled and re-assmbled whether you doing springs or springs and shocks...which leads us to the reasoning that it makes sense to replace both, rather than just one...but that's a whole different debate...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts