BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
How do you fit the o2 sensor removal socket to the sensor? I was going to do the removal/installation today and bought one off-the-shelf socket from Autozone. I tried to fit it onto the Bosch #13477 O2 sensor and it seemed the socket is too short? Any one can advise? Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anybody have a problem with the Ambient Temperature reading after changing the O2 sensor? I started having problems with it since I got the P0155 code. I thought that it would fix itself when I changed the O2, but even tho it got better, it's still off. Usually by about 5 degrees, but sometimes by up to 15 degrees when I start the car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

I had a replacement Engine installed into my 330ci convertible and since then i have had some fault codes which if re-set just come back.

25 - Activation Oxy Sensor heat before cat bank 1 (Short to Gnd P1135)

55- Activation Oxy Sensor heat before cat bank 2 (Short to Gnd P1152)

79- Activation Oxy Sensor heat AFTER cat bank 1 (Short to Gnd P1138)

11- Activation Oxy Sensor heat AFTER cat bank 2 (Short to Gnd P1156)

The car seems fine to drive and i have been driving it with no issues aprt from i still have the above faults.

They seem like they are linked and i'm wondering if there is a possible ground/ earth problem or disconnected from when the new engine was installed.

Anyone have any ideas where to check and if i can sort it myself rather than having to take it to BMW and pay a small fortune for somethink i may be able to fix myself .

Any input would be great.

thanks.

mike

·
Registered
428 Posts
Excellent write. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

·
Registered
254 Posts
Just changed out the 2 pre-cats on my '99 w/137k using this DIY and video. Everything went off without a hitch.

Ordered 4 of the Bosch 13477s' from Amazon and picked up the O2 socket from Advanced Auto. Next up is the wifes '05 w/77k pre-cats. I checked with realoem and it uses the same Bosch #.

Thanks for the great tutorial r0x and thanks for the video Solidjake :thumbsup:

·
Registered
254 Posts
^ greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. Thanks for the heads up.

I'll check when she gets home. Hopefully it's the same, her cars build date is in '04.

Thanks again

61 - 80 of 95 Posts