BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering how exactly this works. I was interested in buying a car from a high end used car dealership. Do I ask them to do the PPI or do we do it together? Who pays? Do I need to schedule an appointment with a shop before hand and how do I get the dealer to go with me to the shop while this is done? It doesnt seem like theyd want the car off their lot and at some shop for very long.

Also, can I just go into any BMW dealership with the VIN number and have them print me a copy of the service records or can this information only be released to the owner? I'm trying to figure out if an inspection II was done on the car. Car has 80k.

THanks!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
You make an appointment with a mechanic of your choosing and make arrangements with the dealer to let you take the car there. Any reputable dealer will be happy to accommodate you. You pay; usually about $150.

A BMW dealer will probably be willing to let you look at the service history on their computer, but will probably be unwilling to give you a printout. Depends on the dealer and the SA, but BMW's policy these days is not to provide the information in written form. Getting the BMW dealer to do the PPI will help you get the previous service history information.

http://www.bimrsonline.org/2008MapPage.html

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...I'll ask the dealer to do this. Unfortunately, theyre not a BMW dealer so hopefully at the very least, I can get the service printout.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts