E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
anyone ever got this?

how about this vs. gruppe M?
hehe :craig:

·
Registered
295 Posts
another fantastic-quality titanium exhaust for M3. i can count at least 5 now...and they're all uber-expensive!

Amuse
Arqray
DIXIS
Eisenmann Meisterschaft Ti
Radenergie

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I dont understand how these company have the balls to put out exhaust that barely make any noticable power for these type of prices... its over half the cost of the AA blower for the M3.

·
Registered
686 Posts
from what i can see, the layout of this exhaust since it's type "N" design, pipe diameter is large and twists on the pipes are minimal, this give the system better exhailing response and most suitable for users that constantly keeps at high rpms and users that are constantly at high speeds. in other words, it's most probably built for racing...

from what i can see comparing to the other ones, that have pipes that are relatively thinner are usual made for users that enjoys constants average speed

i say this exhaust will be a one of a kind especially it's made in titanium! :thumbup:

·
Registered
295 Posts
i think price is all relative. whoever buys this will seperate who realy will spend cash without reserve and who is still budget-conscious. because the "average" exhaust for an M3 goes for over $1000, the standard is rasied. so, with GruppeM and Eisenmann Ti (for the muffler alone) being about $2500, the question of raising the price as Amuse always has the most expensive stuff, more than any other company, is presented. titanium's always expensive, japanese companies are always expensive, shipping it here is always expensive, and it's Amuse. also, it's header-back i've been told? if it's pure titanium, add in the fact that say it's about $1000 for the piping from comparable companies (eisemann titanium sections 1 and 2)...and add that to the price of the expensive exhaust...it starts to make relative sense ($3500). i think it's about supply and demand, this is a new exhaust for people who want to have the craziest, most exclusive exhaust because GruppeM and Eisenmann is too popular? that is, more than just a select FEW have it. this is one of the things that Amuse knows that they won't sell too much because of their price, they know it's high, but that it helps their reputation. the super-high price maintains that Amuse will be the most unattainable and their prestige will remain as being the tuner which makes the most exclusive parts. but i doubt that two years ago, Amuse would have the balls to put out something so expensive. i think that becasue the market has settled that M3 exhausts are expensive to begin with, they can charge high...higher than any other company. basically, Amuse wants to be the highest, and now that over time the M3 market for exhausts has a big range, they will charge uber-high prices.

·
Banned
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
99e36m3 said:
i think price is all relative. whoever buys this will seperate who realy will spend cash without reserve and who is still budget-conscious. because the "average" exhaust for an M3 goes for over $1000, the standard is rasied. so, with GruppeM and Eisenmann Ti (for the muffler alone) being about $2500, the question of raising the price as Amuse always has the most expensive stuff, more than any other company, is presented. titanium's always expensive, japanese companies are always expensive, shipping it here is always expensive, and it's Amuse. also, it's header-back i've been told? if it's pure titanium, add in the fact that say it's about $1000 for the piping from comparable companies (eisemann titanium sections 1 and 2)...and add that to the price of the expensive exhaust...it starts to make relative sense ($3500). i think it's about supply and demand, this is a new exhaust for people who want to have the craziest, most exclusive exhaust because GruppeM and Eisenmann is too popular? that is, more than just a select FEW have it. this is one of the things that Amuse knows that they won't sell too much because of their price, they know it's high, but that it helps their reputation. the super-high price maintains that Amuse will be the most unattainable and their prestige will remain as being the tuner which makes the most exclusive parts. but i doubt that two years ago, Amuse would have the balls to put out something so expensive. i think that becasue the market has settled that M3 exhausts are expensive to begin with, they can charge high...higher than any other company. basically, Amuse wants to be the highest, and now that over time the M3 market for exhausts has a big range, they will charge uber-high prices.
very well said...
soo...anyone ever heard this exhaust on an M3??? sound clips???

·
Registered
686 Posts
yes i want to listen to sound clips too :drool:

props to such weight saving and free flow design! :thumbup:

·
Registered
487 Posts
The price is reasonable for what it is.

Titanium Exhaust with Mid Pipe that is also in titanium.

Props to the baller that scored one!

:D

Sound Clip!

·
.--. . -. .. ...
4,684 Posts
They figure if u can afford an M3, u can afford to pay big $$$ for aftermarket stuff. Its along the same lines as say, ANY OTHER FREAKING BMW PART!!!! I hate that a guy w/ any other car can buy 2x as much as we can for the same price.

·
Registered
295 Posts
plus Japanese exhausts are crazy. talk about Kreis-sieg, those exhausts go for $7-16k each. and it's not a complete exhaust always, either.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts