E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but I wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with the PowerAll PBJS1200R Portable Jump Starter. Would this work on our cars? Does it have enough power to jump an e46 with a dead battery?

Also why would anyone buy the bigger ones when you can get something small like this?

Anyone with knowledge/experience with these please chime in.

Here is a link to what I'm talking about
http://www.amazon.com/PowerAll-PBJS...lack+portable+power+bank+and+car+jump+starter

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I'd be very impressed if it could, considering an E46 battery weighs 50 pounds and this is just one! But their Jeep demo looks real. If you can get it from a retailer who accepts returns you could find out.

I also wonder if, for it to be truly useful as a jumper, you'd have to constantly take it in to the house to charge it and remember to put it back in the car.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I was just looking at this on amazon today. They have a video of it starting a Hemi V8 engine. One would think that if it can start that engine, it can start ours, right?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree but...

Well the problem is if I get one it would be a while until i actually have a chance to try it and I would be well past my return period so I wanted to see if anyone with any experience with our cars can chime in but no one did.

I don't think the V8 has anything to do with it's ability, it would be the CCA (Cold Cranking Amps) I believe which I think our cars are rated really high in that area. Any info on that from anyone would be great.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I have the Antigravity Battery Jump Starter. My E46's battery is perfect so i havent got a chance to jump start it but i am pretty sure it can start it right up.
I have tried on several cars. I have started a V8 (ford e350, 15 pas van), the battery was 100% dead and this little guy started it right up. Also, I jump started a Chrysler Sebring 5 times in a day which had a completely dead battery also. It is totally worth it, you can charge the jumper in the car itself or at home. Takes about 3 hours to charge completely, could be less if it had some juice before.
You can also charge your phones, laptop,etc. The owner manual says to remove the jumper cables within 30 seconds after the car is started, which means if you have a bad alternator, you can not use this jumper to keep going.
Let me know, if you have any questions.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/360891002593?nav=SEARCH

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have used it on a Lexus RX350, Toyota Camry and Mercedes C300 and it works great. I would definitely recommend it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts