E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, the last couple days ive noticed thats its been kinda hard to turn my wheel, more than usual. it got pretty bad today. Sometimes it will be fine and others its a real pain in the ass. i dont know what could be causing it. Im gonna swing by my dealer tommorow and have it checked out but was hoping id get an answer to night so i can sleep a little better. Sorry to change the subject but i also have another concern. Since ive gotten my car, about 6 mo ago, ive had to replace by driver side low beam bulb a number of times. What could be causing this.??

Thanks
Anthony

·
www.piratecove.org
3,626 Posts
says right in your manual if the steering gets like that to make a beeline to the dealership...could be a few different things.

the whole unit could have a short in your headlight, i'd bring that up when you take your car in as well.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok finally got my car back from bmw. They said i had a U joint or something freezing up in my steering column. It was an $800 job or something like that, thank god for warranties! Like brand new again.

·
Registered
176 Posts
you still have warranty on a 99 car ????

WOW that's great !

I got 1 (one) year !!! from Mercedes belgium on my E class when I bought new in 99

and BMW is offering me 2 years on my 03 M3

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i said no to buying the extended warranty but somehow, someway i either bought it without knowing or they made a mistake but i have it to 100000 miles. Either way, its a good deal cuz i saved 800 bucks today

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.