E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A little over a year ago my power steering pump went out and was replaced by the BMW dealer, since I had just bought the car from them a week before. This weekend I lost power steering again. My car is a 2003 330i w/sport pkg and 66k miles. Last time they told me the shaft had sheered off at 55k miles. I called the dealer and they said replacement parts were covered 2 years or 24k miles, but they couldn't even get it in to look at it for at least a week. My question is; to those of you who have delt with similar issues is, do you think they will charge me labor even if the part is covered? Also can I drive it this way since i have to wait so long. The resivior has the proper amount of fluid, and does not appear to be loosing any fluid. Thanks in advance for your replies.

·
Registered
E46 F10 W204 W212
5,317 Posts
I wouldn't. If you've lost all power steering then you'll be applying more force on the steering coupling (rubber) than what it was designed for. Not sure how much that rubber part car take, but you can probably tear it if it was old enough.

Paolo

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Parts AND Labor should be covered under the 2yr/24k warranty, unless it specifies somewhere on your invoice/receipt that the labor is not covered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.