BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 325i 4 door, with 120,000 miles on the clocks

I bought an extended warrenty and used it just after I got it to have a new PS pump fitted, within 5,000 miles the pump got noisey again, then a few weeks later the pump died completely, had a new pump fitted under warrenty and another 1,000 miles and the pump is noisey again.

What is killing these pumps, i paid another £250 for another years warrenty and wil be getting the pump changed again, but seems a waste of time if in a few weeks it's just getting loud again.

Any Ideas ??

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
The resivior contains a filter I would have the resivior changed as well, in fact most companys will not warrenty a pump unless this filter has been changed? What ppump are you using CHEAP PARTS = short life span

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure of the Make, as the warranty company pays the invoice, I don't even see it.

I will ring them and check the procedure.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One thing I have noticed, (not sure if it has any bearing on the problem) it that I often have to wipe excess fluid from the outside of the resivior, as if it's been over filled, although I never have to top it up as it is full to the correct level.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts