E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2000 328i
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my mirror switch hasnt worked since I got my e46 but the passenger side would point down while in reverse.
Now it is returning to a higher spot after reverse.
I dont really care for the pointing down feature, could I just pull the fuse, set by hand and have no power mirrors at all?
There are two fuses listed not sure if I should pull either or both.
Thanks!
Font Twig Rectangle Circle Pattern

·
Super Moderator
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
5,173 Posts
Hello, my mirror switch hasnt worked since I got my e46 but the passenger side would point down while in reverse.
Now it is returning to a higher spot after reverse.
I dont really care for the pointing down feature, could I just pull the fuse, set by hand and have no power mirrors at all?
There are two fuses listed not sure if I should pull either or both.
Thanks!
View attachment 935777
What happens if you put the mirror selector switch to the right?

·
Super Moderator
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
5,173 Posts
I had this same issue on my (now sold) 2004. The mirror tilted down as expected but neither mirror was adjustable. A bit of research on this forum and others suggested I replace the drivers side mirror to fix the problem. I sold the car before dong that.
I think that yours probably had the ribbon cable mirrors that did have the mirror control module in the driver's side motor, but OP's is a 2000, so it might be fixable by replacing the separate module.

·
Registered
2000 328i
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tested it out and I still get the reverse tilt with switch in either position.
Thanks again, Ill look into the module possibly

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
7,468 Posts
I seem to recall that mine tilted in either position and continued to do so even after I changed the switch.
Could very well have. In diagnosing the switch is the first step. Then it gets complicated for the master/slave (drivers/passenger) part and all that happens in-between.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think that yours probably had the ribbon cable mirrors that did have the mirror control module in the driver's side motor, but OP's is a 2000, so it might be fixable by replacing the separate module.
I had the issue, 2000 model, a replacement window motor fixed it.
If i remember correctly the plastic gears for adjustment no longer
set in the proper location.

Sent from my iPad using E46Fanatics mobile app

1 - 15 of 15 Posts