BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a '00 328Ci 5 speed and I want to add a little oomph to it. I dont have $7g's+ for a SC so Im checking out these NA power kits. Few questions though:

1. Whats included in the RDSport Power kit and are there any dynos showing HP gains- $3000

2.Technik Stage 2 Powerkit (Intake, ECU, headers)- Is it worth $2600, again, any dynos? Would I be better with a GruppeM intake, Shark, and other headers?

3. What about the Technik Stage 2 and Schrick or HIOP cams for $1200?

4. I know differentials help a lot. Which would you recommend?

5. Basically, whats the best combo of intake, ECU, cams, headers, etc for the money. If I can add 30-40 HP for $4k I wouldnt mind doing it. Thanks for any info and inputs!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I was being optimistic. Im basically looking for numbers and getting opinions on which will give the most gain without blowing a wad

·
Registered
878 Posts
definitely is realistic. 50 to 60 hp is probably a better guesstimate. Its gonna cost you pretty much the same ratio as for a SC. sc gives 100 hp for roughly 6500 bucks.

-burrito

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont want to go crazy though. Im looking into a new M3 sometime early next year but I need some power now. Dont want to drop $6k+install though. I figured between $3-4k I can have that little extra oomph Im looking for. Plus itll help my resale value.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts