BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently looking into getting my stock 16 inch wheels on my VW Jetta powder coated, rather than to get brand new wheels and tires. I figured that powder-coating the current wheels would be cheaper than just getting an entire new set of wheels and tires.

Anyway, does anyone have a recommendation of a business that does powder coating in the Chicago area? Also, any idea how much per wheel it would cost to get powder coated?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well I don't know of a place but I could tell you could paint them your self and they come out very good I've done it before its great.... its the cheapest way to go powder coat its very expensive

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I don't know of a place but I could tell you could paint them your self and they come out very good I've done it before its great.... its the cheapest way to go powder coat its very expensive
What kind of paint would one use to do this? It would have ti be something thats durable, won't flake off or be somewhat resistant to chipping. Also, is there something out there that adheres to alloy wheels?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts