E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please post pictures of their navigation system in an E46 coupe. I just wanna see how the navigation screen sit in the dash. Thanks!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that wide screen navigation DVD or CD based? Also, is the entire navigation system in the headunit or is the brain in the back and the screen upfront?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Can I get the Navigation system installed even though I already have the car? I need it to be OEM and installed by BMW...its a leased car...

·
Banned
822 Posts
yes you can, but the price is around 4000 since bmw charges 100 per hour of labor. so if you want nagivation i say alpine tv with alpine navigation. very clean and does the same job.

·
Manwhore
2,517 Posts
mine is the cd-based. The Dvd-based looks the same as far as the headunit goes.
The brain is actually in the trunk.

Pkorkis, most dealers wont install the oem navigation for you. And if they did they would charge way too much for it. Its not an easy install.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Pkorkis said:
Can I get the Navigation system installed even though I already have the car? I need it to be OEM and installed by BMW...its a leased car...
Often times there are people selling OEM navigation systems on Ebay...with a DIY instructions on how to install it. Actually, it's not horribly difficult, with all the right parts and the DIY instructions, any stereo shop could do it!

·
Grüne Hölle Junkie
1,628 Posts
Pkorkis said:
my dealer told me that the biggest problem would be that you would have to make your own wiring harness for the NAV system. i have seen it done before, but i can't remember the website where i saw it. of course its cheaper and easier to go aftermarket for a NAV system, but i'm sorta like you, i want the OEM look. i think it looks alot cleaner... :dunno:

edit: just found the page!! http://www.openbmw.org/

·
Registered
874 Posts
Dirtboy said:

my dealer told me that the biggest problem would be that you would have to make your own wiring harness for the NAV system. i have seen it done before, but i can't remember the website where i saw it. of course its cheaper and easier to go aftermarket for a NAV system, but i'm sorta like you, i want the OEM look. i think it looks alot cleaner... :dunno:

edit: just found the page!! http://www.openbmw.org/
Again, search on ebay, there are people selling complete nav systems including the harness!

·
Registered
174 Posts
i had one for sale. im planning to just install it really soon cause of all them low balling POS asses!!!:D :D
plan on doing a write up also, so ill let you konw.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This is an MarkII (female Voice) on a 328Ci.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here's the CD for the Nav that sits on the back.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Another view from afar.

·
Registered
874 Posts
xS3x said:
what is up with the cassette player..looks so ghetto..
Yea..it does, the old school nav system. I also notice that it doesn't have any CD Changer controls!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts