E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I am going through the process of replacing my clutch on my 2002 325i and it would have taken hours more to get it out if it wasn't for this site and the people who post tutorials. Anyways, there really isin't a thorough walkthrough on this whole process and the hanes manual I purchased is lacking in material rendering it practically useless. So if you guys need to replace your clutch and feel like spending more time cranking on bolts than scratching your head post here on this thread and let me know - if enough people need it, I will make a full photo tutorial on every aspect of getting to the clutch. I was lucky and my flywheel is still in good condition so I can show you how to get to the flywheel but it stops there. My friction disk wore down to the rivets on the pressure plate side of the clutch, so I will be replacing the whole thing with a clutch kit. Parts are in the mail now:) Anyways, hurry and post here if you need a tutorial before the parts come in!

·
Registered
43 Posts
YES please do a DIY I am starting my clutch replacement next week and I cant seem to find a complete DIY or video explaining the process.

·
Registered
55 Posts
One of the problems that seem to make this hard is the lack of anti-seize used on the bolts from the factory! I found that anytime you install a bolt into aluminum you must (or should) use anti-seize.
I don't think it's ever mentioned in most DIY articles but it will make life a lot easier and prevent pulled threads if you use it.

·
Slightly Modded ///Member
1,037 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts