BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

A few time ago I intall the BMW alarm on my car (Euro e46 sedan) and the only thing I regret is the siren sound is very quiet.:wtf:
Now, looking for ideas to improve the sound, I was thinking:
Could be possible to install a second siren anywhere else under the hood?
Like having 2 sirens playing at the same time?
I was able to get another OEM siren with some wiring but don't know if I simply route them to the existing siren and connect it to the wiring.
I'm not an electrician expert so don't know if it could be some electronic mistake:facepalm:
Hope somebody can help and may be it can be another DIY :thumbsup:

Thanks to all for your advices.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
If you get the second version siren that came out after 2002 I think the sound is more electronic. But all these components are coded to the ECU so I don't think it will allow you to
add more sirens to the circuit.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
If you get the second version siren that came out after 2002 I think the sound is more electronic. But all these components are coded to the ECU so I don't think it will allow you to
add more sirens to the circuit
True but he could still tap the signal to the OEM siren and use a second siren through a relay. But since BMWs can be very sensitive electronically I wouldn't bother with the possible hassle just for that.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I had the Acknowledgement lights flash on lock and unlock and clown nose blink. No alarm components but saw a DIY on adding a siren from radio shack $6 bucks. I bought the piezo siren and now i have audible 1 chirp lock, two chirp unlock and can hit the panic, pretty loud. It is a 110db piezo siren. There is a diy on it somewhere. just a cool little DIY!

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
True but he could still tap the signal to the OEM siren and use a second siren through a relay. But since BMWs can be very sensitive electronically I wouldn't bother with the possible hassle just for that.
lol. the reason I say that is when SolidJake read the codes from my car a few days ago...literally every mod and retrofit I did to the car came up as error codes.

somehow the ECU is very good at keeping tabs on every wire tapped in the car and any component installed. Heck it can even recognize any extra voltage drawn out and record them.

scary how smart the car is.

·
Registered
522 Posts
lol. the reason I say that is when SolidJake read the codes from my car a few days ago...literally every mod and retrofit I did to the car came up as error codes.

somehow the ECU is very good at keeping tabs on every wire tapped in the car and any component installed. Heck it can even recognize any extra voltage drawn out and record them.

scary how smart the car is.
It knows when you have passengers inside and when you're admiring another bimmer too :shhh:

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
It knows when you have passengers inside and when you're admiring another bimmer too :shhh:
nah for real.

For instance my LCM read 2 errors on the tail lamps.

That is one for each rear fog lamps I added on there. The LCM also detected an extra voltage draw on the tail lamps.

I even think I had an error code in the Navigation DVD computer reflecting that I once used a bootleg DVD that froze the system last year.

There was also code notes about the HVAC I retrofitted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hi.
Update....
A few days ago I decided to try. Find another BMW siren, exactly the same already installed on the car with a few inches of wiring. Split the original wiring from the siren and connect the new one in parallel. This time the new siren is placed in other place.
Test it and put everything in place. Check with DIS for any errors... NONE.
Result: Now is not a quiet siren :clap: It sound very high and is very disturbing be stand up beside the car :yikes:.
At the same time I install a DEI shock sensor, connected to the ultrasound internal module. Now the alarm system is more complete, reacts to every impact in the car and is very loud so I can hear it better from distance.
Any question just ask and I'll try to help. :thumbup:
Thanks to everybody for their comments.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts