E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ROI-ndian
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey might be upgrading to an m3 soon w/ a nav, so I wanted to know if there was a way I could use my pioneer brain to use my dvd changer and tuner...can I just get Nav tv or what?

thanks

Amit V.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Most likely, no. The Nav head units in BMW are made by Alpine. I seriously doubt that a Pioneer brain would interface with a Alpine HU. At the least, the pinouts would be different and it would not be a simple plug and play swap.

·
ROI-ndian
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SrCsTc said:
Actually, these sites tell me that it might be possible.

http://www.swooby.com/z/navpc/gex.htm
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/boom3/

At least those people and many other were able to connect (and get it to work) a pioneer RGB unit (which that brain is) to they're RGB NAVs.

:dunno:
so your saying I could do the same with the brain that they are doing with the tv tuner? B/c you said when we talked on aim it would be mono?

let me know, if I could just show these instructions/diagrams to a shop, I am hoping they can do it, I am not a DIY with this kind of stuff...simple **** only

·
Banned
1,745 Posts
amitv85 said:
so your saying I could do the same with the brain that they are doing with the tv tuner? B/c you said when we talked on aim it would be mono?

let me know, if I could just show these instructions/diagrams to a shop, I am hoping they can do it, I am not a DIY with this kind of stuff...simple **** only
It's quite possible that a qualified shop could do it.
I said the navtv module is mono.

·
ROI-ndian
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SrCsTc said:
It's quite possible that a qualified shop could do it.
I said the navtv module is mono.
ok, I just hope its not gonna run me an arm and a leg, I prob am not doing a huge system, but i do want to get my 6 disc dvd changer in and probably sell the custom screen and tv tuner, just cuz i dont wanna take apart my new car and re do everything like i did with my 330

thanks for the help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.