BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when u think about it, the shock sensor really negates the need for the tilt sensor and motion sensor. I mean anything that tilts the car will set off the shock sensor, and if someone tries to get into the car, most likely the shock sensor will go off too.

So can't someone just order only the siren and shock sensor and pretty much have a cheaper but same protection alarm?

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,693 Posts
premiumg said:
when u think about it, the shock sensor really negates the need for the tilt sensor and motion sensor. I mean anything that tilts the car will set off the shock sensor, and if someone tries to get into the car, most likely the shock sensor will go off too.

So can't someone just order only the siren and shock sensor and pretty much have a cheaper but same protection alarm?
Sure but some1 can just cut the power to the alarm/sensor and take ur car. The OEM alarm is a lot more powerful and thought out than it appears...

·
Registered
726 Posts
i was thinking the same thing and i posted about it a few days ago except i wasnt even gonna get the shock sensor, just the siren so i could hear the siren chirp when the car is locked/unlocked

1 - 3 of 3 Posts