E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had this idea.. Dont know if there's a thread floating around here already about it, couldn't find it with a search, so here we go.

I've always love the mustangs 3 sequence turn signals. I don't know if that's what you would call them.. But you know what I mean.

So my question is, is there any way we could program maybe Eagle eyes to do this? If we had a pair of LED tail lights, and just took the mustangs programming but spiffed it up a little bit.. Could we make a wave of LEDs as our turn signals?

Has this been tried before? Is this an idiotic thing to dream about? Any electrical guru input would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
31,689 Posts
you could probably do it. just design a circuit that will have a delay. but for the LEDs, i think it's going to look retarded. not to bash your idea or anything. but the amound of LEDs in that small corner is too little. you'll probably end up with a bunch of blinking LEDs at different intervals than with the nice effect of a wave going on. the tails just need to be longer for you to get that effect imo.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I understand, has anyone ever tried this before..? And why would the LEDs be out of sync of you think?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Well with the proper programming anything can be possible, you would probably need to make a custom programmed unit to do something like this, but I am thinking this will look a bit too rice for a BMW

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I don't like it, the duration of each wave is too long. Turn signals should blink on and off at a set rate of speed. They should be on just as long as they are off between each flashing sequence.

Just my opinion anyway, also this is kinda off topic but... Anybody else hate cars that have red turn signals instead of yellow?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts