E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So to start this off I’m unsure on exactly everything the gm5 module controls but what I do know is my parking sensors don’t work due to a PDC issue and my car opens all the windows and sunroof on one click of the fob. I’m not sure if these are related but I’ve seen some people saying the unlock issue is caused by a possibly faulty gm5 module.
If anyone has a better knowledge and understanding of theses controls modules some help diagnosing my issue would be much appreciated 😊

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
PDC has its own module-

you're days ahead if you set up a computer with INPA to troubleshoot it.

GM5 does the windows and locks- and while I haven't seen an 'open everything
with one click' setting, that would be the first place I'd look-
unless it just started doing it on its own. If that's the case,
I'd reflash it first, just to see if it's getting senile on its own.

t

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PDC has its own module-

you're days ahead if you set up a computer with INPA to troubleshoot it.

GM5 does the windows and locks- and while I haven't seen an 'open everything
with one click' setting, that would be the first place I'd look-
unless it just started doing it on its own. If that's the case,
I'd reflash it first, just to see if it's getting senile on its own.

t
I do have inpa set up so I’ll have to plug it in and have a look. I’m pretty new to the software so just wondering how I’d go about checking things?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
INPA is super simple to use. Try it and see.
Will do thanks, pretty sure you are the guy who helped me set it up on a previous post but might be wrong. Is there a way of running checks on the modules? Like an easy way of seeing if they are all operating as they should?

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
7,319 Posts
With my tester for that car (Trusty old GT-1) we can run a "Quick Scan" of the entire car from the front page. The tester runs through all the fitted modules and scans for faults. All of the modules that have a fault will be highlighted with a black shadowline.

I have to believe that INPA has a similar test?

Back to your issue of one click (tap) of the key opening ALL the windows.
I might be inclined to think something is wrong, but it may not show faults. I would try PA Soft and go in there and change all the parameters (after taking a snapshot of how it's coded now) and see if that brings an amicable solution to your issue.

·
Registered
7,319 Posts
PDC Control unit.

A81, X300

in RH side of luggage compartment
A81Park distance control unit (PDC)
X300Component connector (12-pin, black), Park distance control unit (PDC)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With my tester for that car (Trusty old GT-1) we can run a "Quick Scan" of the entire car from the front page. The tester runs through all the fitted modules and scans for faults. All of the modules that have a fault will be highlighted with a black shadowline.

I have to believe that INPA has a similar test?

Back to your issue of one click (tap) of the key opening ALL the windows.
I might be inclined to think something is wrong, but it may not show faults. I would try PA Soft and go in there and change all the parameters (after taking a snapshot of how it's coded now) and see if that brings an amicable solution to your issue.
I haven’t heard of PA soft before is it a free software available for download and if so where would I find it?

I have tried changed the some of the code before such as unlock and lock features like making the lights flash and stuff when u unlock the car but it didn’t seem to work. I know u can chnage the unlock buttons functions aswell using a software thinkbit Was inside inpa or possibly ncs expert

·
Registered
7,319 Posts
Thank you, Given I'm at factory level tooling, these names escape me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts