E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went home from college this weekend and saw a friend who had wrecked his e36 318i. He wants to sell the engine to me now. Now comes the fun part his engine is a Alpina 4.6 liter v8 with a Dinan supercharger.:yikes: He had it put on a dyno after he got it almost a year ago and made 417hp at the wheels. He hasn't given me a price yet. I guess it would fit in a 99 328 if he was able to get it into a 318. I just had to express my excitement

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GhostRider said:
Damn, that would be pretty nice and definitly unique. I wonder what the weight difference will be between the two engines??
Not sure on the weight but he said it caused his car to push through the turns on track but not bad. Although with that much power I think I could overlook some problems like that.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
damn, sounds tempting as hell! But do a search, I haven't seen anybody transplant a v8 + supercharger, and according to Samir, it can't be done due to space restrictions in the E46, I know E36 bay size looks similar though...so not really sure, but if the man Samir says it won't fit, then I'ld take his word for it before I decided to try....but who knows, maybe with a big as$ "power bump" in the hood where the blower and extras sits is no big deal to you...than damn, that would be a killer!:D

·
Owner
3,732 Posts
I assume you will be getting the tranny along with the engine? Also, you will most likely need to upgrade your suspension and brakes to accomodate the engine. Not to mention your driveshafts and axles. It's gonna cost a pretty penny...and the electronic programming is going to take a bit of thinking I would assume. But, looking past these hurdles, it would make your car the ultimate E46!

·
name's PHIL
5,887 Posts
Choson1 said:
I assume you will be getting the tranny along with the engine? Also, you will most likely need to upgrade your suspension and brakes to accomodate the engine. Not to mention your driveshafts and axles. It's gonna cost a pretty penny...and the electronic programming is going to take a bit of thinking I would assume. But, looking past these hurdles, it would make your car the ultimate E46!
those are pretty $$$$ hurdles

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes I have thought over most of these problems. I feel that this could easily take upwards of a year to finish. I would like to get the engine and transmission now and start to gather the rest of the parts needed to make this work properly. I could just let it set in my shop until I had the set up all complete and ready to install. This would hopefully eliminate most of the major problems that just dumping a v8 in it would cause.

·
XXXX
557 Posts

you might have to do some custom mandrel piping..but thats not too expensive...

If you have balls, I would definitely do this. While its going to be a rough transplant, it would certainly be beyond sick.:thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.