BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, haven't posted in a while but I need some help diagnosing my problem.

My first incident I was on my lunch break. Went into Firehouse subs, got a sandwhich, came out and my car wouldn't start. Tried to jump the car first with no luck. Called a tow truck and 20 minutes later it started and pulled it onto the truck, got it home and started it up with no problems. Drove fine for a month or two.

Last week I was driving home and in the middle of driving it lost power and just died on me. I sat on the side of the road for a little while and every time I turned the ignition it sounded like it wanted to start more and more and then finally cranked. Revved it once or twice and rpm's wouldn't raise and would die. Cranked one more time, let it sit and drove it home.

First thought was to replace the fuel filter, everything changed and fine. Went to crank and it wouldn't start. Pulled the filter off and there was no pressure in the system. Also it looked like fuel was getting to the filter just not past the filter. Took a compressor and blew some air through the filter to make sure it was clear.

Do you guys think it could be a dirty set of sender units? I was thinking of blowing air back in the lines through the tanks and I'm going to order a new fuel filter. Anyone help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Rudy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts