E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So to start I have a 2000 BMW 323ci with a 2002 radio (different antenna connector). I was looking for a way to replace the old antenna as I had terrible reception, I got a new amplifier and it did nothing so I decided I was going to replace my entire antenna wire but couldn't find any connector that would fit.

Turns out the xm antenna fits perfectly into the later model e46 radios. So if you cant get good reception just look for a xm antenna and plug it directly into the radio and run it through the glove box to the passenger a pillar then above the light and stick it on the roof.
http://store.xmfanstore.com/replacement-audiovox-sirius-radio-vehicle-antenna-suva2.html?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=166191384764

Hope it helps some of you feel free to ask questions_a_

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just installed an eonon head unit and now the reception is great better than most cars which leads me to believe it was the head unit at fault.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Just installed an eonon head unit and now the reception is great better than most cars which leads me to believe it was the head unit at fault.
Hi Peter, glad to hear that, and thanks a lot for your praise! Actually most of our customers say our unit radio reception is good as you too! :thanks:Welcome to share your awesome installation pis too, thanks!

Is the AM reception improved also with the new head unit?
Hi Bvmackin, yes, the AM reception was improved for our new GA7150A. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I am very suspicious of this fix. Radio antennas are designed for particular frequencies, and FM and XM are not the same. XM antennas work on microwave frequencies and are powered, FM are not.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics
Hi Archbid, yes FM and XM are not the same and they cannot be commonly used. We can assure of you the radio module for GA7150A & GA7150 is currently the best one in the aftermarket. Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am very suspicious of this fix. Radio antennas are designed for particular frequencies, and FM and XM are not the same. XM antennas work on microwave frequencies and are powered, FM are not.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics
I had previously replaced the antenna amplifier then the connectors for the antenna, but when i tried the xm antenna it actually gave me a little better reception although while moving it was cutting out, i would recommend just buying a eonon to save yourself the hassle it was well worth it and easy to install.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I had previously replaced the antenna amplifier then the connectors for the antenna, but when i tried the xm antenna it actually gave me a little better reception although while moving it was cutting out, i would recommend just buying a eonon to save yourself the hassle it was well worth it and easy to install.
Hi Peter, thank you so much for your kind support! :thanks:You will be highly appreciated if you could share us more installation pics & reviews.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts