Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Other (please List)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, I've got the Silvervisions and painted reflectors in, now comes the bigger stuff. I'm torn between Wheels/Tires, Exhaust or Suspension.

Wheels would either be SSR GT3 Satin or a set of DPE R16 Gunmetal
Exhaust would be Eisenmann Race
Suspension would be GC street coils

Help me decide! :bow:

·
1.888.JLEVISW
14,756 Posts
As for rims:
-SSR is so overdone. Also, they're very soft. For that price range (the category just under HRE, with iForged and such), I'd DEFINATELY get the R16's in Gunmetal - they are actually my favorite design of rim.

-I have FK coils. They're pretty wicked, and go lower than most other kits I know. Last I checked, FK was no longer exporting to the united states. I'd spoken with Supreme Power, supposedly they are one of 3 in the united states that can import the stuff. If you like, I'll check - or you can just email eric: [email protected] - tell him Jon Levi sent you ;)

As a side note: FK doesn't make any of their own parts, so they are similiar to other coilovers. It's your basic "custom spring ratio designed around a koni yellow 8040 series" suspension, much like KW, GC, Tein, etc - less the camber plates etc etc.

JL

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info jlevi.

I should also add that I'm not looking to track my car.
I just want a little added performance and aesthetics to my car.

·
Registered
933 Posts
DPE's ... :)

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Get the wheels next dude. DPE or even HRE's... soo :drool:

New shoes will make the biggest difference in terms of aesthetics :thumbup:

·
Registered
288 Posts
How much are the DPE's?

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,545 Posts
jota187 said:
Thanks for the info jlevi.

I should also add that I'm not looking to track my car.
I just want a little added performance and aesthetics to my car.
If you aren't looking to track then GC is not the suspension setup for you. This is a very very serious coilover system designed to provide extreme lowering and dampering characterisitics. I would suggest looking at PSS9's or KW V2's...both are very good and proven suspension systems that increase performance a lot without the bone jarring track setup :)

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
[/QUOTE]If you aren't looking to track then GC is not the suspension setup for you. This is a very very serious coilover system designed to provide extreme lowering and dampering characterisitics. I would suggest looking at PSS9's or KW V2's...both are very good and proven suspension systems that increase performance a lot without the bone jarring track setup :)[/QUOTE]

I was looking into the GC street (basic) setup for $999
Does what you said still apply to this setup? I was under the impression that the basic one was less harsh and height adjustable. Also, I thought they actually used the same Koni shocks as the KW V2 setup. Am I wrong??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts