BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Giving the Porter Cable 7424XP a try and started with an orange pad and Meguiars M105. I'm getting quite a bit of what I'd call polish dust coming off the pad and it there is a bond with the paint so it just swirls around when you try and wipe it off.

Any suggestions on removing the dust? I'm going to follow up with a white pad and Meguiars M205 and am wondering if I should wash the car to get the M105 dust particles off or if I should just keep at wiping off the dust?

·
Registered
431 Posts
I wipe it off as I'm working so I can shine a light on it and see the progress I am making. It's messy and it takes a lot of towels. Quick detailer works well.

·
Registered
7,684 Posts
You can wipe it off as you go or re-wash when you are done which is almost easier in my opinion. If you wipe it off as you go I tend to work from the top down and do an extra thorough wiping at the very end. Washing with the ONR is a big help if you want to wash quickly.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips. I pulled out my Poorboys Spray & Wipe I used for claying and just hand washed with it, tonight will be stage 2 using M205 to finish the polishing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts