BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've bought some new Mothers Wheel Polish, however I'm scared that it will screw up my rims with cloudiness.

I've got Racing Dynamics RS2s, and the outer lip is polished. What is a good product I can use to polish or even wax this wheel without messing it up?

In the instructions, it says that it will turn black or something. Is that the finish of the wheel that is coming off?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Most RS 2 heels have a clear coat on the polished outer lip. Using Mothers is too abrasive for the clear coat. If you wanted to polish the outer lip, use an automotive clear coat polish, i.e. Meguiars, Zaino, etc. followed up by a wax. It needs to be treated just like your car's paint finish.
Some of the wheels manufactured in the U.S. may not have the clear coat over the polished rim. Best way to check is to take a small amount of polish on a wet cotton rag and rub a small area of the rim. If it turns black then there is no clear coat and the Mothers will work fine. When using Mother''s always apply with a damp rag. It will make the application smoother.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you just saying that a zaino wax should be good for the wheels? If so, which one should I get? I'll go try my mothers now and see what happens. I hope that nothing happens to the polished area.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
I just used Meguires # 2 cleaner to clean my winter wheels. Works great. I will follow with # 7 polish and Gold Class wax.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,151 Posts
if you got a clear coat on your wheels use this

zaino bro's z2 show car polish for clear coates use it on your car
and wheels and you can also use z6 clear gloss ehancer spray
to.
if your wheels are not clear coated you can use wheel wax and
don't forget to put on your wheel axxis brake pads to they are
95 % dustless.
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts