E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 325xi that is giving me fits. I first had a couple of codes telling me that cylinders 1, 3 and 5 were flooding out. It would often take 3 attempts to crank it before it would finally start and you could smell a STRONG gas smell when it finally cranked. I took it to my regular mechanic who is the local import expert. It only acted up with him one time. However, I went ahead and told him to replace the 3 injectors that were coding and saying they were flooding. He told me then that he didn't know if that would fix the problem and I said I understood and would accept that. Well, it drove fine for a couple of days until I took a trip over 30 miles and it good and hot. Stopped at a filling station to get a drink and got back in it. It did the same thing. Code popped up again and it now has the PO444 code for the fuel tank purge valve. I have read several posts on here about the same code and I know I can replace it myself. However, I have not read from anyone on here having the same problems when their PO444 code came up for the purge valve. Has anyone had the same symptoms when they had to replace the purge valve? The gas smell and the hard start? Some help PLEASE !! Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts