E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After searching for past few hours I found some info. but couldn't get all of my q's answered so hoping for some help for fanatic's and site sponsor's.

So I am replacing my stock ZHP 18" wheels. Plan is to get some light weight forged CSL's or BBS LM-R's with Michelin PS2.

I really like the CSL's but so far from Tischer I see that they are only available in 19". They are forged but I am scared sh*tless about the ride they will give me + price increase of 19" tires (especially since I am running PS2 with tread wear of 200 or possible lower in real life).

Having said that:

1) Where can i find OEM CSL's forged that come in 18x8 and 18x8.5 setup?

2) If OE is not available do any sponsors sell forged light weight replica's not made in Taiwan? (have done some research on VMR's so those are out of the picture based on my criteria)

3) I found some BBS LM-R's on Tirerack but they are only available in 19" and priced at a ridiculous price of $1300 each. Next closest thing I like is the BBS LM's. Does anyone know where I can look into at getting BBS's for better price than Tirerack?

4) Any suggestions on another wheel manufacturer for forged lightweight wheels that will look good on my ZHP?

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah they don't make OEM CSLs in 18". I don't think anyone makes replicas of them that are lightweight either. If you want real BBS LMs you could look around on the classifieds on here for a good deal, otherwise you'll probably have to pay at least $3-5k for a real set from a distributor.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Turner Motorsports has the best deal on the BBS LM's... not by much but.... every penny counts

weight will be my deciding factor when I finally pick up a set of wheels. I'm liking the 5 spoke LTW's Turner has. 18x9 is the only option with those so the staggerred setup (I don't really care for) is out of the equation...

Whatever happens, BBS LM's are nice However The new 2 piece CK's are friggin awesome... and for significantly less

·
Registered
10,595 Posts
Unfortunately BMW never made the OEM CSL wheels in 18" sizes. They only came in 19" fitment w/ M3 offsets. If you are looking for an alternative CSL wheel in 18" we do offer them here at VMR. They are the VB3's available in 18x8.5 +40 front and 19x9.5 +45 or +22 for M3. The fronts weigh in at about 23lbs and the rears at 25lbs. We offer the VB3's in 4 various finishes, Hyper Silver, Hyper Black, Gunmetal, and Matte Black. Gunmetal & Matte Black only being available through our exclusive dealer EAS. No one on the market offers a CSL style wheel with the concavity to the real CSL wheel but us. We offer wheel/tire packages as well.

[email protected]
www.vmrwheels.com

Here are some pics.

Super Silver

Rear concavity on 9.5" rim

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunately BMW never made the OEM CSL wheels in 18" sizes. They only came in 19" fitment w/ M3 offsets. If you are looking for an alternative CSL wheel in 18" we do offer them here at VMR. They are the VB3's available in 18x8.5 +40 front and 19x9.5 +45 or +22 for M3. The fronts weigh in at about 23lbs and the rears at 25lbs. We offer the VB3's in 4 various finishes, Hyper Silver, Hyper Black, Gunmetal, and Matte Black. Gunmetal & Matte Black only being available through our exclusive dealer EAS. No one on the market offers a CSL style wheel with the concavity to the real CSL wheel but us. We offer wheel/tire packages as well.

[email protected]
www.vmrwheels.com

Here are some pics.

Super Silver

Rear concavity on 9.5" rim
Thanks for the input. What will be the total out the door price for 18x8 and 18x8.5 with Michelin PS2 shoes (225 40 18 and 255 35 18)?

Comparatively (even though I am scared of 19's since I drive on some messed up roads) what would be pricing on 19"'s.

These are for ZHP hence I am looking for flattering Non M look/finish!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if you decide to sell those zhp rims send me a message.. :)
I think the guy who managed to steal my zhp wheels (with brand new PS2's) by removing 2 locks/wheel might be able to give you a good price :).

Let me know who it is and I will give $500 finders fee!!!! And provide you with post mortem pictures of the mofo.

No one on the board can beat this deal!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah they don't make OEM CSLs in 18". I don't think anyone makes replicas of them that are lightweight either. If you want real BBS LMs you could look around on the classifieds on here for a good deal, otherwise you'll probably have to pay at least $3-5k for a real set from a distributor.
Looked through classifieds...didnt find any interesting sellers because a lot of them are with tires and after trying various brands I stick to PS2's so no point paying for tires that I will rip out.

Thanks for ht epointer though...much appreciated.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Turner Motorsports has the best deal on the BBS LM's... not by much but.... every penny counts

weight will be my deciding factor when I finally pick up a set of wheels. I'm liking the 5 spoke LTW's Turner has. 18x9 is the only option with those so the staggerred setup (I don't really care for) is out of the equation...

Whatever happens, BBS LM's are nice However The new 2 piece CK's are friggin awesome... and for significantly less
Thanks....checking TMS and doing some more research on VMR wheels.

I am getting conflicting info. that oem csl wheels are not forged but spun cast or something along those lines (again this by reading from various places/posts). But Tischer's ad does say they are forged...gawd only knows.

More research needed.

·
Registered
10,595 Posts
Thanks for the input. What will be the total out the door price for 18x8 and 18x8.5 with Michelin PS2 shoes (225 40 18 and 255 35 18)?

Comparatively (even though I am scared of 19's since I drive on some messed up roads) what would be pricing on 19"'s.

These are for ZHP hence I am looking for flattering Non M look/finish!
Hi,

Our fitments go as 8.5" front +40 and 9.5" rear +45 if you want a staggered fitment. Non-staggered would be 8.5" +40 all around on 235/40/18. Please let me know.

Thanks,

[email protected]
www.vmrwheels.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts