E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 2004 330i ZHP with 18" wheels, so of course I need to check and fill the tires weekly. Any suggestions for a good powered tire air pump? Maybe something that can plug in to the cig lighter as well as run on battery and that maybe has a readout gauge for knowing what pressure you're at?

Thanks.

·
Registered
322 Posts
SizzlerMA said:
Just got my 2004 330i ZHP with 18" wheels, so of course I need to check and fill the tires weekly. Any suggestions for a good powered tire air pump? Maybe something that can plug in to the cig lighter as well as run on battery and that maybe has a readout gauge for knowing what pressure you're at?

Thanks.
I bought an electric air pump from GI Joe's (forget the name). It doesn't plug in the lighter, but I think it's also a bit more "robust" than the cig. lighter models. It was only $30-$50 (sorry can't remember). It has an analog psi gauge, but I don't think it's as accurate as a standard tire pressure gauge, so I wouldn't rely on it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Shouldn't our cars come with an air compressor in the trunk. We paid enough for our cars and I've seen a friends Pontiac Bonneville have an air compressor that's built into the sidewall of the trunk and it has a hose to reach all the wheels. Just another practical thing that you would think every car manufacturer would include. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Johnny_Hotcakes said:
Shouldn't our cars come with an air compressor in the trunk. We paid enough for our cars and I've seen a friends Pontiac Bonneville have an air compressor that's built into the sidewall of the trunk and it has a hose to reach all the wheels. Just another practical thing that you would think every car manufacturer would include. Just my $.02.
If BMW gave us air compressor to take home that is one thing but one built into the trunk is just more weight in our cars...so i'd have to pass.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What's 5 to 10 more pounds. If you carry any passengers, you're carrying more weight than the compressor. The one I saw was real small, kind of like the size of a thermos. They probably could make up the weight somewhere else anyway.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Johnny_Hotcakes said:
What's 5 to 10 more pounds. If you carry any passengers, you're carrying more weight than the compressor. The one I saw was real small, kind of like the size of a thermos. They probably could make up the weight somewhere else anyway.
Ya I hear ya but people can be easily removed something built in cant.
Anyway it depends on the owner/car I guess.

When it comes to my car Im thinking performance, weight savings and and it's relation to performance. But if I had a another car maybe I would like to have a compressor built in. :dunno: Also I know other components in my car carry weight but I need a radio and AC I don't really need a compressor all the time and I not looking for track types of weight saving just some performance oriented savings hear and there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.