E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Few months back i got a 2002 330i with 127k miles and an auto tranny, my first and I with a developing experience on cars in general.
For about 2weeks now i've been noticing this transient vibration around the steering and dashboard whenever i approach 80km/h.
Last week on my way from work, while already almost 100mins gone in a very slow traffic, i suddenly noticed my car refuses to accelerate until a full press on the throttle, then with curiosity i noticed the exclamation sign next to the gear indicator, I proceeded cautiously, then parked somewhere safe. Managed to drive it home.
My (BM) mechanic in my area got the tranny fluid changed, no luck;
Checked the brainbox but its good;
Checked the gear selector, good too;
Serviced the car, still no difference. The mark remains and (drive) operations still locked down to gear 3 and 4, reverse is good. Just today i found that the inner lights stopped coming on when doors open
I'm already fed up of spending with no result gotten.

Earlier this year the car has had the following parts replaced already:
The Gearbox, Alternator, Carburator, Brainbox.

Also,
The brake lights on the dashboard has been on for like a month now, got the breakfluid topped but no luck, the pads where said to still be fine.
Wiper wash indicator also refuse to go off even after its been fixed.
Does all these have any link with the main problem, or am I looking at a really big issue here? I really need to know please!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do you mean by gearbox? You changed the transmission?

You have a carburetor?
I'm not really sure of your question, but the info i gave on all works done on the car were giving to me also by the previous owner, like I said I'm still actively getting to learn stuffs about it. Do you think I might have been deceived?

·
Registered
41 Posts
For the vibration above 80km/h check the wheels balance probably the problem from the front wheels
Regarding the power loss, is your car has a manual or automatic transmission?
For the brake light and the washer light check for faults on a scan tool

·
Registered
193 Posts
Same query on the carb, your car doesn't have one.

gearbox change - meaning your mechanic changed the whole transmission or just did some work on it ?

If you could copy and post up some of your service invoices or find out in detail what you paid for etc, would help.

n.b polite notice, please put the problem area of your query/post in the title e.g yours would be , "please help transmission stuck in the 3rd 4th etc"

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
For the vibration above 80km/h check the wheels balance probably the problem from the front wheels
Regarding the power loss, is your car has a manual or automatic transmission?
For the brake light and the washer light check for faults on a scan tool
I never thought of it to involve the balancing of the wheels, helpful advice, thanks alot, will do all these.

Car is automatic transmission.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.