BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought an OEM M3 lip spoiler off this guy on the forum off his M3. When I recieved it, the used tape/adhesive was still on the spoiler. I'd like to take that off before I put it on my car, but it's like impossible to get it off. I was sitting in my room for 3 hours and barely got 1/4 of it off. My finger nails hurt like crap from trying to take the adhesive off.

The tape is too thick to use an adhesive remover and I'm afraid I might damage the paint or something.

Anyone have any suggestions or experienced this?? PLease please help. Thanks!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Have you tried throwing goo gone on it? works extremely well... you could probably use goo gone and a razor blade and get all of it off.

·
Obey my dog
2,616 Posts
i just reapplied mine yesterday :) i got the old tape off with a big flat head screw driver :tongue: it's a b1tch to get off.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Im not positive, but doesnt 3M make something to remove adhesive. I think I remember reading something about 3M adhesive remover but not quite sure :dunno:

·
- FAMOUS -
206 Posts
3M Adhesive Remover (available at walgreens in a small can) will get it off.

aaron

·
- FAMOUS -
206 Posts
joyrider2k said:
kool thanks!!
np. might take a while, but just keep dousing the thing in adhesive remover and scraping away at it. it'll all come off sooner or later.

aaron

·
- FAMOUS -
206 Posts
joyrider2k said:
yo Aaron, is there a walgreens around our skool??
lol i don't think so. TheFallen found my 3M adhesive remover at a walgreens out in rancho bernardo. i couldn't find it around la jolla to save my life.

before you waste your time, i've already been to home depot, savon, vons, and everything else moderately close to LJ. :D

aaron

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,151 Posts
guys you can use

girls nail polish remover that is very good to. i never try it but i know it works to remove adhesive on anything. try it if you can't get the other stuff.
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
- FAMOUS -
206 Posts
Re: guys you can use

bobm3 said:
girls nail polish remover that is very good to. i never try it but i know it works to remove adhesive on anything. try it if you can't get the other stuff.
bobm3 ;) ;)
word i've heard that stuff works too, just didn't feel like confirming whether or not it did or didn't on my trunk when i was rebadging my car :D

aaron

·
.--. . -. .. ...
5,499 Posts
Wont figernail polish remover take the paint off? I would say try a hairdryer to heat up the glue and melt it off.....that always works for stickers, but I've never tried that 3M tape

·
Registered
259 Posts
cowmoo32 said:
Wont figernail polish remover take the paint off? I would say try a hairdryer to heat up the glue and melt it off.....that always works for stickers, but I've never tried that 3M tape
:werd: I say try using a hairdryer

1 - 16 of 16 Posts