BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey pros,

Need help identify this noise. It only happens when i m turning with speed. It used to only happen when making a left but now both left/right are making noises.

I found a video that has the exact same noises. could it be a bad diff?
This noise
Much help is appreciated!

2001 330ci with 220kkm. Recently replaced rear shocks/springs/shock mounts.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Sounds like a wheel bearing. Has it slowly been getting worst? You could only hear it when turning sharply at high speed, and now you're hearing it when turning the wheel only a bit, and at lower speeds? Maybe starting to hear it faintly when going straight?

Those are all classic wheel bearing symptoms.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a wheel bearing. Has it slowly been getting worst? You could only hear it when turning sharply at high speed, and now you're hearing it when turning the wheel only a bit, and at lower speeds? Maybe starting to hear it faintly when going straight?

Those are all classic wheel bearing symptoms.
its actually getting louder, before you only hear it accelerated turns, now even normal turns you can hear it. i know how wheel bearing sounds like tho but it just doesn't seem like like its wheel bearing to me. wheel bearing is more like a hum noise no?
this is more clunking/knocking.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
its actually getting louder, before you only hear it accelerated turns, now even normal turns you can hear it. i know how wheel bearing sounds like tho but it just doesn't seem like like its wheel bearing to me. wheel bearing is more like a hum noise no?
this is more clunking/knocking.
What speed were you at in the video you posted?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What you're describing sounds exactly like a front wheel bearing. Is the sound coming from the front or the rear?
it's coming form the rear. its louder when i turn right, i had my diff fluid flushed recently, that didn't help with the noise at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts