BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to admit, after reading ACS3 A.R.T's thread on the suspension damage on his car, I am a little scared and hope that someone can help me out since I do not know much on suspension set-up's.

I bought lowering springs from Bavarian Auto (sport springs which lowered the car approx. 1 1/4 inches) I asked the sales rep if it's O.K to use with stock shocks and he said there should be no problem, therefore my question is:

Should I have any concerns with just lowering springs and 19" wheels?

Should I install new sport shocks in conjunction with the lowering springs to help prevent damage?

I have checked a few aftermarket web retailers and alot of them say that using lowering springs with the stock shocks are O.K?

Finally, please provide info on what type of shocks I should get, and where would be the best place to buy.

Thanks for your responses.:thumbup:

·
Bimmerless
1,862 Posts
A lot of people on this board are just running H&R springs, with their stock shocks. I did it on my 330 when I had it, it is fine. BUT, you will be putting more strain on the stock shocks, so they will wear faster. It just all depends on how hard you drive I guess.

But to answer your question, YES, the Bav Auto springs and your stock shocks should be ok. The ride will be a lil harsher cuz of the 19s you are thinking about putting on, only cuz 19s usually mean lower profile, less rubber to absorb vibration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts