E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i was thinking about buying a second car (a 2000 323ci) manual. I was to make it into a project car. Anyone know how much money i would have to spend to make it as fast as a manual 330ci? What seems like the best mod to do to get some power. BTW i already got a 330ci lol so dont say just get a 330ci. I saw a 323ci for 18k and it had 25k miles, sport package, heated seats, premuim package. Sounds to good to be true but he's in a rush to sell it. BTW its silver which i think is sweet. I got white and i wouldn't want another one it would be silly.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Well for 6k (which is less than the difference in price between the two cars should) you would far surpass the power of the 330 with an SC.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not looking to fix up the 330ci...its brand spanking new i would die lol its my baby

·
'a certain moderator'
34,496 Posts
the cars are so similar, i fail to see the difference in buying a slightly older, slower car and making it a project. u should get a 95 M3, which will beat your 330 stock, and then put a turbo or SC into it if u are really interested in some power, and the 330 could remain your new, daily driver :thumbup:

just my two cents

-brendan

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha btw im 16 lol...i cant get a m3 dude my other cousin has a 97 m3 and its fast. BTW e36 m3 feels same as mmy car. I've driven it a lot. I haven't broken in my car yet so i cant race him. But i expect to be tie with him

·
'a certain moderator'
34,496 Posts
ilovebmw said:
haha btw im 16 lol...i cant get a m3 dude my other cousin has a 97 m3 and its fast. BTW e36 m3 feels same as mmy car. I've driven it a lot. I haven't broken in my car yet so i cant race him. But i expect to be tie with him
i still dont see the point of getting basically the same car u have now and beefing that up. if u have the kind of cash to do that, might as well trade the 330 in for a new M, and get a beater for phucking around with in the winter or whatever

1 - 9 of 9 Posts