BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
he probably swapped them into another (older) car, or sold them. if its an 03 it came with them originally. buying a used car, you can't tell every single person thats taken a wrench to it.

also, check the carfax...if there was an accident previously, i'm sure it was cheaper to replace those lights than the LEDs.

lastly, if you buy it PLEASE lose that pinstripe!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anybody want to do a carfax? Have a free account?

WBSBL934X3JR19966

be a great favor ill owe you one at my shop!

Thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm almost positive LED lights for the M3 came in 2003.5. So it can still be a 2003, just an early build. Hope this helps

Kevin

·
Banned
2,427 Posts
I have an 03 and it did not come with the led's. I bought my car new in Noember of 2002, and the build date is september of 2002. It is a 2003 year model. Not all 03's come with led's, FYI. Find out when he bought it, and what the build date is, and you'll have a clearer idea of the story.

Good Luck. You'll love the car.

·
Registered
769 Posts
It's still an 03, has to have a build date 03/03 and later which were called 03.5 models. Europeans don't use model years, they use build dates that how they classify your car. I don't have an 03 M3, I have an 01/03, produced January 03 and that's how I'd sell it. That's why BMW pops up w/ models all year long and changes. The changes are based on production runs, not model years.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Definitely an early 03 build. I was wondering the same not too long ago & I went to the BMW dealer & a salesperson cleared it up for me.

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
otherside said:
yeah I have a build date of 10/03 and I have an 03' 325CI NO LEDS....just retrofited them on it though.. :str8pimpi

:thumbup:
only the newer 03 //Ms have them regardless. the 03 Ci never had LEDs. i wish mine did though! lets see pics of your retreofit. :thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts