BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have recently bought a 2002 330. Ci that has been lowered with some springs ,not sure of brand. They are red is all I know lol . The wheels are m68
And the tires are 225 45 17. Front. 275 40 17 rear. I am going to buy a set of Beyern rims Style 5 with 35 offset and want to replace tires with a less aggressive setup. I have accsess to a set of Goodyear ls1 235. 45 17. Front and 245 45 17 for rear do you think this setup will work without rubbing. The current setup only rubs on big bumps or going up curbs a little no rubbing on fender just top of tire I think,sounds like little squeak. Thanks for your help. Tom.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess The please help didnt do any good here
On the club Lexus forum I would have had at least 3 or 4 responses by now
I guess BMW newbies are on there own lol

·
Registered
13,475 Posts
first off you need to tell us the wheel width. secondly your'e not "slammed." third, club lexus would probably ignore you as well considering width AND offset are the key factors to answer your question, and youre missing half of the info

·
Registered
577 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
first off you need to tell us the wheel width. secondly your'e not "slammed." third, club lexus would probably ignore you as well considering width AND offset are the key factors to answer your question, and youre missing half of the info
First thanks for reply. I'm a new by to BMW n I just was stressing about my car being too low, that the tires squeaked whenever I went up a curb or over a bump. To me that's slammed
Second. Tire width was too wide 275 40 rear. 225 45 in front. 7.5 front. 8.5 rear. Offset not sure
Thirdly I didn't know the offset of the m68 neither did previous owner figured being a BMW oem wheel someone on here would know

I did buy some Beyerns rims with same size both rims bn decided on 245 40 rear. N 215 40 front to be sure no rubbing. Car looks lower now. But no rub n rides perfect. Thanks again Tom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts