E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 18x8.5 HM2's, can I go 255/35 in the rear? I have a 2001 325ci with the stock suspension. Will there be any rubbing at all? Will I have to roll the fenders? Does anyone have this setup in the rear?

·
Registered
287 Posts
You can get 18x8.5 with 255/35 Tires from the factory on the car so as long as the Hm2's offset is good then you shouldn't have any problems!

From my other post
If you check out the posts let me try to find it there is a guy here with 18x9.5 ssr GT3's with 265 tires in the rear without fender rolling. But it seems that with 4 people in his car during normal driving it wouldn't rub but he was concerned that if he did sprinted driving they would rub I belive. So anyhow
the key is the offset which means where the wheel will be positioned whether it would be more towards the inner part of the wheel well or towards the outer part. If your wheels are the ideal offset then you should be able to run 265s even with 4 people and doing sprinted driving without any rubbing issues. If you go to tirerack.com it will list all the wheels that fit your car. Under the 330 it lists a recommended tire size for the 19x9.5 ssr Gt3 as 245. 245mm =9.6inches so it will cover the rim. 255 tire would be 10 inches and a 265 would be 10.4 Inches. Overall if you go from a 255 tire to a 265 your adding not even half an inch to the overall diameter of the wheel so unless the car would be slammed or your offset totally wacked you shouldn't have problems. You should be able to run 19x8.5 with 235 in the front without any issues and 265's in the rear as long as the offset is correct!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.