BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 323ci that the air conditioning recently stopped working on. The AC still shows 35psi. The heat still works coming out of the defrost vents at full-force, but no hot air comes out of the front vents under AUTO or manual control. (I've made sure the vent controls were adequately adjusted for hot and cold when testing this.) The blower still works fine (it doesn't go on and off as in a FSR problem) If anyone has had a similar problem or has advice it would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm flippin fryin.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have a 2000 323ci that the air conditioning recently stopped working on. The AC still shows 35psi. The heat still works coming out of the defrost vents at full-force, but no hot air comes out of the front vents under AUTO or manual control. (I've made sure the vent controls were adequately adjusted for hot and cold when testing this.) The blower still works fine (it doesn't go on and off as in a FSR problem) If anyone has had a similar problem or has advice it would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm flippin fryin.
Thanks
Mike

Issues with not getting hot air: Possible bad thermostat not regulating properly (stuck open)

Issues with cold air: Possible air compressor gooding bad, leaking, or you need to refill with good freon.

Have you checked the psi from the compressor? Sounds like the blower works fine.

let me know if this helps...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks
Mike
Ditto what gen247 said, you might need to vacuum out your system and refill with new freon. Or maybe it could be that for some reason the clutch on your ac compressor isn't engaging? If it isn't engaging, then obviously your freon isn't getting stirred around so its cold? Could be an electrical problem like a solenoid or a blown fuse or something? I'm not too familiar with a BMW ac system, but these are just guesses that hopefully will help you.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice. Can I just Release the pressure off the valve and replace with new freon? I'll check the fuses as well. Thanks again and I'll let you know what happens.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Checked the fuses and they are all fine, unfortunately. I'll try refilling the Freon and see what happens

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If this makes a difference, when I hit the AC button it makes the normal hissing whooshing sound that the AC always makes, as if it wants to hit you with cold air only it can't. But I'm not sure what that means? I guess I'm still hung up on why the Heat still works on the defrost setting but this is the only air that will come out at any temperature other than ambient. Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
currently having this problem, it just started for me, i'm checking the fuses tonight.. MSumners, did you every find a solution to your a/c problem?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts