E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
blackonblack
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my changer, and it plays normal cd's just fine. However, I can't seem to get it to play cd's of mp3's!!!

Any ideas of what I could be doing wrong?

sig.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Don't packet write the mp3 cd (ie xp native drag and drop or direct cd) the cd has to be actually burnt and finalized. But you can do it on a CDRW so that you can erase it and re-burn it when needed. Actually I'm not certain on the finalization, but it has to be iso9001 joliet. It can't be packet written.

And because it has to adhere to iso9001 joliet I think the file names can't be any longer than 16 characters? One more thing to check, make sure your mp3's aren't greater than 320, that's the max the changer will decode according the instructions. I haven't tried variable bit rate yet though.

Other than that it might be broke. :eek:

·
blackonblack
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
obLu said:
Don't packet write the mp3 cd (ie xp native drag and drop or direct cd) the cd has to be actually burnt and finalized. But you can do it on a CDRW so that you can erase it and re-burn it when needed. Actually I'm not certain on the finalization, but it has to be iso9001 joliet. It can't be packet written.

And because it has to adhere to iso9001 joliet I think the file names can't be any longer than 16 characters? One more thing to check, make sure your mp3's aren't greater than 320, that's the max the changer will decode according the instructions. I haven't tried variable bit rate yet though.

Other than that it might be broke. :eek:
thanks for the help...i got it to work. The problem was how i was burning it.

i love the setup. Music forever.

sig.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Only downside is it's given me music A.D.D. Since I know there's so many damn songs on a disc, I'll skip all over the place until I find what I'm in the mood for.

·
PSHOPWERKS
4,300 Posts
obLu said:
Only downside is it's given me music A.D.D. Since I know there's so many damn songs on a disc, I'll skip all over the place until I find what I'm in the mood for.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts