BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright.... anyone on this forum driving on 691 tonight in CT with a red ZHP.... I'm pretty sure....

Well to make a long story short. I came up on a red 330 with a ZHP looking rear bumper etc.... I was driving in the left hand lane and came up about 100mph. He saw me coming and accelerated to match my speed. We both got cut off by traffic and I spit through a hole in front of a semi. He pulled in behind my bumper and I punched it going up a hill. I must have got to the accelerator before he did because I started to pull away from him by about 5 -7 cars lengths going up the hill to about 120mph. After 120 he started to slowing inch forward on me and was only about 3 car lengths back when I hit my speed limiter at 137.... which I know is wrong...., and he had to back off and take his exit and I had to take mine on the other side.

My only engine mods.... are a fan delete.... underdrive pulleys.... custom air intake etc...

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't mind my stupidity, but that was what I was guessing he probably did, because he dropped back when I first started accelerating. We were both fighting uphill at the point and it seem like we stood still against each other... and then he started gaining slowing in my rear view mirrow. If he did downshift how fast would that take him too without have to upshift again? Would it be higher then my limiter?

·
I know all about that...
2,192 Posts
Well its basically impossible to say. RebelYell's ZHP pulls on me and I've got a ****load of mods. But if he's just cruisin it takes him a bit to get goin without downshifting. I'll have to check with him or wait till he chimes in but I think he can do 100 in 3rd which the engine is screaming. I'd be happy you "won" and probably put it down to driver error.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah... me feeling was I was winning from 100-120, but that could have been driver error on his part by having it in fifth possibly.... and then sometime around 120-137 on my speedo he started to pull on my and I couldn't pull away... so maybe he downshifted or me might have just got to the powerband etc... I would be interested to hear from the zhp guys. Thanks for all you input.

·
Registered
11,172 Posts
Nice :thumbup: do u have any exterior mods? I'm in Danbury sometimes, maybe I'll spot your ride around :D

·
it's pronounce "Q's beemer"
1,161 Posts
orient blue 3... you only have a 323 compared to a 330... I mean, you would need a lot in order to keep up with a zhp...

Q

·
I know all about that...
2,192 Posts
qzbeemer said:
orient blue 3... you only have a 323 compared to a 330... I mean, you would need a lot in order to keep up with a zhp...

Q
I have more torque but les hp than you stock but do you know what mods i have? I'm putting out pretty good power.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Aight well lets not put words in OB 3's mouth ok? He said I pull on him. If I don't downshift then it takes me a bit to get goin, build up steam whatever.

At about 85- 90 mph I'm in 3rd gear near redline. A shift up would put me in the mid to highish 4k RPM range. Now my guess is that he was cruisin in 6th which is what I do. Maybe, if he downshifted at all , it was to 5th gear. Basically he has more gears to play with than you and its not a slushbox so he has to do the gear hunting himself. If he really wanted to get after you he should have shifted to 4th (assuming he was in 6th).

So whatever, its a pointless argument. Just be friendly, smile and have fun and don't kill anyone.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bimmerchop said:
Nice :thumbup: do u have any exterior mods? I'm in Danbury sometimes, maybe I'll spot your ride around :D
Yeah, I have an MTech front bumper, and rear lip spoiler. Orient blue is my color. I don't think I've seen you, but I'll keep my eyes open.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Orient blue what mods do you have that your comparing your 323 to a 330? (Not tryin to put you down or anything, but its a big difference powerwise)

·
I know all about that...
2,192 Posts
///M PWR 00 said:
Orient blue what mods do you have that your comparing your 323 to a 330? (Not tryin to put you down or anything, but its a big difference powerwise)
Franky, read my post man. I didn't even post it, it was rebelyell on my name.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yeah I couldn't figure out how to change his damned screenname. Not used to the AOl interface... lol. But I think Orient Blue 3's 323i with his mods is equal to a stock 330i.

I apologize for any confusion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts