BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:ben: Some idiot let a bucket fall off the back of his truck on the highway, and now I have to replace my front bumper...... :tsk: great. Does anyone know if it really matters much if the bumper I get is polyurethane or plastic as long as it is primed? I'm thinking of replacing my bumper with The Mtech 2 front bumper off of http://www.modbargains.com/MTech-ll-Style-Front-Bumper-BMW-E46-Coupe-Sedan.htm it comes with the grill and fog light housings that I need, but is made of polyurethane. Does anyone know if this is a good bumper???? Thanks for any help anyone can give me :clap:

·
Site Sponsor
18,526 Posts
:ben: Some idiot let a bucket fall off the back of his truck on the highway, and now I have to replace my front bumper...... :tsk: great. Does anyone know if it really matters much if the bumper I get is polyurethane or plastic as long as it is primed? I'm thinking of replacing my bumper with The Mtech 2 front bumper off of http://www.modbargains.com/MTech-ll-Style-Front-Bumper-BMW-E46-Coupe-Sedan.htm it comes with the grill and fog light housings that I need, but is made of polyurethane. Does anyone know if this is a good bumper???? Thanks for any help anyone can give me :clap:
PolyPropylene and Polyurethane are essentially the same. Very good quality - stay away from Fiberglass.:thumbup:
All our mtech II bumpers ($175 starting price) are in stock and ready to ship. For the price you can even do a front and rear with fogs;) :)

Here is some feedback from our customers:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=793274

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do they fit well? Does the bumper require a lot of work to prep and prime? I'm wanting to order today!!!!! I can not even look at my car right now :(

·
Registered
332 Posts
Prepping was simple for mine. no primer used. The bumper was hit with a DA sander to remove any scratches then sprayed with an adhesion promoter. Then base coat and clear.

·
Site Sponsor
18,526 Posts
Do they fit well? Does the bumper require a lot of work to prep and prime? I'm wanting to order today!!!!! I can not even look at my car right now :(
We have them in stock. It doesn't require any major work, usually hit it with paint and install it. Very easy.

give us a call 1877 486 6489

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
PP - is usually the prefered by bodyshops. it is an OEM material that is easy to work with and on the prep work.
PU - is more flexible, almost rubbery and is a little more work to finish properly.

I had the choice and went with PP, later I met some others who went PU and regretted it.

$.02

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I'm still not sure which shop I'm taking it to yet. I went ahead and ordered the polyurethane bumper ( I hope It turns out ok ). I have a guy who is giving me a good deal on prep, prime, and installation (I think). Hopefully I will just be able to take it to the shop ready for paint.....and taw daw I'll have my car back. I need the paint on the bumper (and the bumper itself) to hold up to my "lead foot" style of driving. lol Maybe I should install a push bar on the bumper (kidding). Thanks For Your Help And Great Advice!!!!! Trust me I need it

·
Registered
332 Posts
Swerve!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Could you please post another picture of your PU bumper, I was in a hit and run, now I need to get a new front bumper but am skeptical of getting a PU one... Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts