E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,649 Posts
Without a doubt there are alot of other things out there you can spend $800 combined on and get better performance improvment than the coils. If you are trying to squeeze out all the power possible then they would help a little.

I've always thought these would make more of a difference in a forced induction setup but dont know if that is the case. :dunno:

·
Legendary like a schoolboy
6,600 Posts
not worth it i think..euru tuner rated at 1-2 hp gain. i think..er was it 3.

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
6,683 Posts
I know someone that has them on a 323i and he says they make a noticable difference at the higher RPM range...but not much during normal driving.

I don't think it's a great bang for the buck mod...but pretty neat to have if you have some extra $$$ burning a hole in your wallet. :D

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what do you think i should do next for performance?? I already have engine software, a throttle body, and I opened up the exhaust flap, so i got better free flow.

·
P.I.M.P.
2,358 Posts
get an intake and exhaust....real exhaust.....the stock one merges both pipes into the muffler, and mixes the exhaust gases causing them to exit the exhaust at a slower rate, this creates more of a bottleneck for the engine....aftermarket exhausts like UUC and RE keep the exhaust piping seperate with the twin can design.....there is a huge difference b/w turning off the flap, and getting an exhaust....trust me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.