E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to get a job this semester at college so I can get a dvd player type deal for my car! Below is how I want to do the system I know I will need to by the plate for the navi from the dealer and then get a 6.5" screen and then take the cd player out then move the heating buttons to the empty slot like how it is in the this picture, I would like to get a small dvd/cd player to put under the seat or in the glove box...I would like suggestions on costs, brands to mix and match....im trying to do this cheap as I can but still have decent stuff....so please suggest!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Dude, I am in the same process as you are right now, and here's my milestones so far:

1. Monitor screen Pioneer AVD-6000 bought out of eBay for 331.00
2. Brain AVM-P9000 bought out of eBay for 450.00
3. DVD Player SDV-P7 bought out of eBay for 270.00
4. AC reallocator bought from Pacific BMW p/n 51.16.7.001.410 for 40 bucks

Now I need to custom install the screen and I got Bender's and SCRSCT's setup.

Let me know if you need more info...

·
Car Audio Nut
233 Posts
AC control panel

Do you happen to have a picture of that AC control panel relocator. I'm assuming it moves it down to the lower pocket? What's all included with this part number 51.16.7.001.410?

Thanks,
Stan C.

·
hammer talks like this
3,967 Posts
Munich said:
Dude, I am in the same process as you are right now, and here's my milestones so far:

1. Monitor screen Pioneer AVD-6000 bought out of eBay for 331.00
2. Brain AVM-P9000 bought out of eBay for 450.00
3. DVD Player SDV-P7 bought out of eBay for 270.00
4. AC reallocator bought from Pacific BMW p/n 51.16.7.001.410 for 40 bucks

Now I need to custom install the screen and I got Bender's and SCRSCT's setup.

Let me know if you need more info...
thats pretty good prices. I got my pioneer 6000 screen for $380, 8000r for $400 and 6 disc dvd player fro $580. all brand new through pioneer.

·
Registered
885 Posts
bender said:

thats pretty good prices. I got my pioneer 6000 screen for $380, 8000r for $400 and 6 disc dvd player fro $580. all brand new through pioneer.
How can I get the 6 disc DVD player for 580? Mine were used, the screen was from a guy in TN that only used it for 3 hours and he lost his job, the 9000 was from a guy in Florida, he sent me the manuals and everything and the SDV was from a guy in Las Vegas, he had in his Celica.On a second note, why don't you illustrate to us all the Carriers that you bought and what does part numbers means....

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im kinda confused about the brain, how come you cant just get the portable dvd/cd player that looks like a portable cd player and mount it in your dash then doesnt the screen have the 3 rca cables coming from it where you can just plug it into the portable dvd/cd player

·
Registered
119 Posts
I am new to this forum. I love the setup you guys are planning to do. I plan on doing the same once I gather all of the information I need. I know Pioneer has the 8" screen (AVD-8000). Is it possible to install this or is this too big? If possible, it there anyone that has a bracket that will install like the picture you posted above?

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
also the piece your calling the ac relocator-is that the piece that goes around the screen or a a mounting piece you need to move the ac controls?, also 6.5" screen is the size screen that oem screen would fit in?

·
hammer talks like this
3,967 Posts
BGReddy00 said:
Im kinda confused about the brain, how come you cant just get the portable dvd/cd player that looks like a portable cd player and mount it in your dash then doesnt the screen have the 3 rca cables coming from it where you can just plug it into the portable dvd/cd player
without the brain you have NO am/fm radio, and no sound. that screen is just a screen. the brain is everything. has the speaker outputs and tells what device to show on the screen.

·
hammer talks like this
3,967 Posts
zero4 said:
I am new to this forum. I love the setup you guys are planning to do. I plan on doing the same once I gather all of the information I need. I know Pioneer has the 8" screen (AVD-8000). Is it possible to install this or is this too big? If possible, it there anyone that has a bracket that will install like the picture you posted above?
there was a guy who was trying to fit the 8 inch. i dont know if he every got it to work or not.

·
hammer talks like this
3,967 Posts
BGReddy00 said:
also the piece your calling the ac relocator-is that the piece that goes around the screen or a a mounting piece you need to move the ac controls?, also 6.5" screen is the size screen that oem screen would fit in?
the AC relocator's real name is a CARRIER. that piece is the bottom pocket(with ash tray) and top part with a hole(stock carrier has a hole that fits in the top bocket). the top trim around the screen is not a single piece you can get from bmw. its actually two parts. the top part which is the size of the stock radio is a blank plate. the bottom part that takes the spot of the stock AC is just the manual AC plate. there is not a hole in it. and you cant use the stock navigation trim... bmw does not sell that trim, its attached to the nav screen.

Attachments

·
Registered
885 Posts
bender said:

the AC relocator's real name is a CARRIER. that piece is the bottom pocket(with ash tray) and top part with a hole(stock carrier has a hole that fits in the top bocket). the top trim around the screen is not a single piece you can get from bmw. its actually two parts. the top part which is the size of the stock radio is a blank plate. the bottom part that takes the spot of the stock AC is just the manual AC plate. there is not a hole in it. and you cant use the stock navigation trim... bmw does not sell that trim, its attached to the nav screen.

Do you have the p/n's for the blank plate and the bottom manual AC plate?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 48 Posts