BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of any places around IL that is willing to basically buy parts from my 2004 330ci? Basically I guess I am looking for a scrap yard.

Warranty company is giving me some bs story how they cannot cover me because they cannot find the part that fell into my engine and destroyed it. Complete bs, but i was quoted $12k w/o labor for the full repair. Talked them down to 11k w/ labor but I mean the trade in value of my car is only 20k.

Wanted to weight my options here.

If you are curious to why it cost so much I need a new long block, or refurbished shortblock on realoem.com

·
Registered
528 Posts
If you have space to store it, you're better off parting it out. Sell everything on craigslist and ebay, then take the leftovers to a junkyard and see what they give you. Junkyards pay very little and I doubt anybody's gonna buy an inop car for over 10k.
Good luck.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I would part it out if I had a garage to do that (but that might take a long time to get all the parts out), if not I'd say try and find a totaled car locally and buy the engine. Either way, you're going to lose money.

P.S.
I'm sure you can find a shop that'll do it for a lot less than that. Who exactly gave you the quotes?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts