BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
loving the new head unit. only complaint so far is that i may need a glare guard, it is a bit tough to see the display when the top is down.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Can you add some photos from other angles, please?

I printed out the 9" model's screen template and played with positioning, but couldn't find a balance between the upper vents and hiding the HVAC controls that I thought I could live with.

Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you add some photos from other angles, please?

I printed out the 9" model's screen template and played with positioning, but couldn't find a balance between the upper vents and hiding the HVAC controls that I thought I could live with.

Thanks!
here you go... i think there were 5 notches for height of the install. it was initially installed (first photo of posting) on the 3rd notch from bottom, but that was blocking the vents a bit too much.

these photos - display was lowered to 2nd notch from the bottom. now vents are only blocked slightly and there is plenty of room for hand on shifter.

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
And that explains a few things. You went with a double DIN kit and HVAC control relocation even though the floating Pioneer's only have a single DIN chassis. I was doing mock-ups with a single DIN install and leaving the HVAC controls and sunglasses holder in place.

I also hadn't considered shifter clearance, but that's a definite concern now that you've mentioned it...3 pedal here.

Unfortunately, the more I look at head unit replacements, the more I'm leaning toward the BlueBus option with my CD53. Especially with a 'vert and all of the audio\visual environment compromises that entails, it's just hard to justify the expense and effort of even a basic aftermarket head.

Thanks again for sharing the photos, they were very helpful.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i started with oem navigation and hk setup. the had the Dynavin N7, which was okay, but lacked BT functions beyond phone calls. and yes, the pioneer unit is a bit pricey.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts