E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would be most grateful for any suggestions or real experiences from any of you on a tire decision:

First, I do not do track and hardly ever drive hard enough to kick loose the traction control system, but I do enjoy a winding road from time to time. I am in a light winter area -- several dustings of 1-2" of snow during the winter.

My OEM Michelin Pilot Sports are now past their nuclear half-life and I need to get something that will perform well but, frankly, get me through the winter as well since I don't want to pay for a separate winder wheel/tire package.

I am drifting toward the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires -- pricey but seem to have what I need. Any other suggestions? Any good/bad experience with the Mich A/S?

Thanks.

·
I've got what plants crave.
1,434 Posts
The Pilot Sport A/S is probably what you're looking for, but to be honest, I wouldn't recommend taking your car out on any kind of snow covered road with anything short of a dedicated snow tire.

·
Europrojektz East
6,917 Posts
SkipII said:
I would be most grateful for any suggestions or real experiences from any of you on a tire decision:

First, I do not do track and hardly ever drive hard enough to kick loose the traction control system, but I do enjoy a winding road from time to time. I am in a light winter area -- several dustings of 1-2" of snow during the winter.

My OEM Michelin Pilot Sports are now past their nuclear half-life and I need to get something that will perform well but, frankly, get me through the winter as well since I don't want to pay for a separate winder wheel/tire package.

I am drifting toward the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires -- pricey but seem to have what I need. Any other suggestions? Any good/bad experience with the Mich A/S?

Thanks.
Skip,
I have the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires on my 323i for the past 4 months now. I've had nothing but good experiences with the tires thus far. Here in Maryland, we've had some light snow (about an inch or two) and my tires have been handling it just fine. Yes, they are priced a bit more than other tires, but I definitely feel that they are worth it. Hope this helps you.
:thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts