E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so the fabric is coming off all three pairs of pillars (front, middle, back) and I have a tan interior. I was wondering if anyone knew if any places sell the exact color fabric or am I going to have to go to a fabric store and just find the closest match? Also, if theres nothing that comes close to the original fabric color do you think it will look dumb possibly just wrapping the pillars in black fabric? any opinions will help

32,901 Posts
you can rewrap them with a new fabric or just glue the existing fabric back on. 3M makes a line of good spray adhesives you could use. They should be available at hardware stores or auto parts stores

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im going to have to buy fabric for at least one pillar... because i thought that super glue would do the job but now it just looks ghetto... i've heard that the 3M brand adhesive is pretty good, im more asking about people's opinions on wrapping my pillars black when I have a tan headliner (just in case I do not find matching fabric)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Oem replacements are not that expensive, if you re spray them they will just keep falling
+1

I was also thinking about gluing the A and C pillars, but since they only cost about 30-40 bucks each from ECS, I decided to just swap them out.

Wasn't worth the time and effort for me to mess with the glue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I live in Florida Nd all this heat is doing the same to mine. I tried to re glue then but that only held up for a few days than started coming off again.

32,901 Posts
im going to have to buy fabric for at least one pillar... because i thought that super glue would do the job but now it just looks ghetto... i've heard that the 3M brand adhesive is pretty good, im more asking about people's opinions on wrapping my pillars black when I have a tan headliner (just in case I do not find matching fabric)
It wont look great. You can either wrap the headliner or get new/used pillars. Browse the classifieds, tan pillars shouldnt be too hard to come by or too expensive.

Now, a warning if you live in a warm climate and decide to do the headliner to match, dont use the 3M stuff. It will suffice for the pillars, but the roof soaks up to much heat and the 3M adhesive will eventually fail due to the heat. A lot of people use DAP Weldwood Landau adhesive. It works well if you spray it on. http://www.dap.com/product_details.aspx?BrandID=50&SubcatID=9 Search around, I'm not crazy for suggesting a countertop adhesive :rofl:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts