BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,782 Posts
:bawling: sorry to hear... :bawling:

·
Registered
832 Posts
damn man, that sucks... sorry to hear

my guess is about $12,500

·
Registered
700 Posts
jtravisdavid said:
A few weeks ago, I got in a wreck. If you want details on the wreck, here'w the link:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50403

Anyhow, I've attached a few pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Post your guesses on how much it will cost to fix. I will post the answer in a few hours. Winner gets a prize!:)
my guess is $12,500 in damages...what did I win???:D :D

sucks, sorry to hear...

John V

·
Registered
149 Posts
This is what should be known as a "total loss". If the adjuster claims otherwise, fight it out. There is definite structural damage. Look at how the rear doors fail to seat properly against the body. The subframe of the unit body construction will never fit quite right. A proer insurance claim should include diminished value which will drive the claim beyond 50% of the value of the car. Edmunds values a typical 2000 328 sedan around $23,000. Its not a stretch to determine the repair cost to be over $11,500. Trust me dude... don't let the adjuster try to fix it. You don't want the car. Resale value will be nil, once the accident damage reports hits carfax.

·
Legendary like a schoolboy
6,327 Posts
lik 12g's

·
Registered
509 Posts
Fix it and sell it IMO. Cars in that shape would have a lot of problems even they are fixed.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts