BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fellas-

I finally got around to taking some pics. After about a week of the initial install, one of the fiber optic cables popped out of a ring on the passenger side, making it go out and looking generally retarded. Today I opened it back up and reinstalled it.

I know everyone takes pics of DAE at night so it looks bright. I took a few with the flash so yall with topaz could see what it looks like. I used the light blue glass filter.

Overall, I am pretty happy with the kit. Ive never seen another aftermarket kit, only the 5 series and I know mine are brighter than them. During a sunny day you can't really see them, but if its cloudy or around twilight time, they look hot. The only thing I would ask for would be for more FO cable to mount the lightbox more conveniently.

Anyways, on to the pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
halos with flash

with flash to show topaz

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
headlights on

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
headlights and flash

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
sweeet:thumbup:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I went the DIY route. Not too bad- just under 3.5 hours. But sitting here, I am kinda worried about the cable poppin out again. Has anyone done anything to get them to stay in the clips effectively? Could you use superglue or would that mess up the light?

·
Registered
700 Posts
navyblau said:
Yeah, I went the DIY route. Not too bad- just under 3.5 hours. But sitting here, I am kinda worried about the cable poppin out again. Has anyone done anything to get them to stay in the clips effectively? Could you use superglue or would that mess up the light?
No glue... Use a cable tie, that should work well...

looks nice...

John V

1 - 9 of 9 Posts