BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is the link to see my car... i haven't got used to the digi cam so i will take better pics this weekend.

http://photos.e46fanatics.com/showgallery.php?ppuser=17653&cat=500&thumb=1

Any ideas for mods?
I was planning on doing Euro Taillights... Red/White/Red

i need to wash it as well... like i said i will post more this weekend.. thanks... comments are welcomed :thumbup:

·
.--. . -. .. ...
4,690 Posts
Wheels and drop....or some perf. mods.

But please dont rice it out w/ euros. No offence or anything, but I've never seen it done and look worth the money on an E46

·
Banned
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good call.. i def want to color my moldings... one questions though... Should i get the clear corners with SILVER bording?... if i color my trim?... under my headlight i mean? will it look good, does anyone have the clear corners with silver border?

·
Banned
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what is altezza?... I want to pain my moldings but feel i will mess up on them.. i wanted to paint them so i was thinking that maybe clear corners with silver trip would look good? Anyone have pics of that?... also about the rims i do want to get them, accually i have the money to buy some but winter is hitting now in nj so i don't want to use my new rims for winder.. i want to wait untill spring ;-)

·
Banned
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what do you guys think about 18 inches? or should i do 17 in a half

·
.--. . -. .. ...
4,690 Posts
Billmister said:
Should i get the clear corners with SILVER bording?...
What do you mean? If you mean clears w/ a silver lining on the edges of it, then yes. I think it looks good. And yes DO paint your moldings, it will make it look a whole lot better. Right now tho, I think a drop is the most dramtic thing you could do. You can get new springs for under $300 and drop it a little.

·
www.piratecove.org
3,699 Posts
bills talking about the same tails he has but swap the orange for white

those looks nice

gl and hf with your car!

·
First 19" ZHP
1,452 Posts
get the fronts with the silver trim if you are planning on painted your headlight trim silver as well and for the moldings i suggest you take them to a body shop to get painted, i did mine myself and it turned out good but it chipped easily (you can see pics of the molding in my photo gallery) and for the drop and rims you can buy some H&R springs off this forum there always up for sale if you want a slammed drop you can get H&R race springs and put some 18s on that but if you dont want to slam it you can get a subtle drop with H&R sport springs and put some 19s on that which looks really good also (i have the sport springs) hope this clears up a lot of stuff for you

·
Banned
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok cool.. i think i will drop it. now since i never did that how does that work... i can take it to a certified dealer and just say i want my car dropped? does that work by inches? I don't want it to be so low i hit my bumber everytime i pass a bump.. a regular size lowering... ANd i'll take your advise on the clears i will get them with the silver linings... Now i gotta go to the DIY to paint my molding, i hope i do'nt screw up... lowering my car will cost about how much?.. the springs are about $300 will i need special once or with the dealer guy tell me?... ALso the springs, will they help when i get my 18 inch rims?

·
Registered
637 Posts
they will help with the 18s, but if you want to get the best look your going to want to go with some coil overs

·
First 19" ZHP
1,452 Posts
if you dont want to go to low you should get H&R sport springs and you can get them off this site for like 150 to 175 dollars and have any local tire shop or body shop install them i did mine myself its pretty easy just need the right tools and yes springs are measured in inches and your 18s should be fine with the drop no rubbing at all or scraping if your careful and for the moldings i suggest you get it painted instead of DIY look at my pics first if you like the way they turned out do them your self but if you want nice smooth moldings just pay like 200 and get them done

·
Banned
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok cool, i'll get my sport springs from here and then drop it... and since their messured by inches how many inches low should i go, and i saw your pics, sick ass angel eyes man... they come on with you have the parking lights on or is it a different switch?

·
First 19" ZHP
1,452 Posts
i connected them to my fogs and since we both dont have sport package the sport springs should drop you about 1.4 inches in the front and .75 in the back but once the springs settle after 2 weeks of installation they drop more, I like my drop its low enough to look good with the 19s but high enough not to scratch so much but you can always go with different springs but a lot of people will agree H&R is a really good brand

·
Banned
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
everytime i click on the link of the reply i only see two responses...

·
First 19" ZHP
1,452 Posts
hmm dont know what to tell you if you have any questions let me know ill be more than happy to answer them

·
Banned
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
WHAT THE FU#@%t I SEE 15 REPLIES WHEN I DO A SEARCH ON MY NAME "BILLMISTER" AND WHEN I CLICK ON IT I ONLY SEE MY QUESTION, AND NOT THE OTHER REPLIES... AND WHEN I GET AN EMAIL NOTIFYING ME OF SOMEONE REPLYING TO MY POST, I CLICK ON IT AND ALL I SEE IS 2 REPLIES YET IT SAYS I HAVE 16 NOW???

·
First 19" ZHP
1,452 Posts
are you clicking it from the forum or from your control panel try both and see if anything works

1 - 19 of 19 Posts