E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Powder coating would be a nice option for me except I like the idea that the plasti-dip is removable.
I agree. And its cheap, if your a broke college kid like me:facepalm: I've had no problems from mine and its been on there for a while now. i had to redo one of the caps, but thats it.

· Registered
233 Posts
Is it just me who thinks black wheels on a BMW/e46 looks bad and just makes the car look 'cheap'?

I have never been a fan of black wheels because with the tires, the wheels just blend in and look like a black circle, especially when moving. Just my two cents, but to each their own.

· Registered
1,269 Posts
Is it just me who thinks black wheels on a BMW/e46 looks bad and just makes the car look 'cheap'?

I have never been a fan of black wheels because with the tires, the wheels just blend in and look like a black circle, especially when moving. Just my two cents, but to each their own.
Nope, not the only person, hence my pleade ;)

(Please pardon my auto-correct)

· Registered
28 Posts
Broke college student checking in. I recently painted my style 72 OEM dark graphite but I did get a friend to do them in the booth. I prepped and he painted. I went with that colour because I wasn't looking for jet black but a colour that was dark enough that would appear black but not exactly. Make sense, probably not. Does not look cheap if you do it right but that is probably not plasti-dip that you want. Mine were painted and then clear coated for protection. This is my first time posting a picture on this but I'll try and post something up for you. Picture was taken from my phone so it doesn't exactly do too much justice but it gives you an idea.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.