BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know its just a plain-jane 323ci, but wanted to post some pics, since i never did when i got the car

things i want to do that WILL PROB happen
1. LED Tails
2. OEM M3 wheels (not m3 posing, just really like those wheels)

things i want to do that WILL PROB NOT happen
1. S54 swap...haha
2. M3 rear fenders/M3 rear bumper
3. imola interior swap
4. alcantara tri stitch

·
Registered
822 Posts
it is a very nice car, however the fenders are heavily begging for more stuff like: drop, wheels, etc... but your call. looks good...

·
Falling from 14k ft.
4,030 Posts
I'm guessing he's already been flamed before about the fenders so maybe people will just let him be. :dunno:

Who am I kidding, there are always noobs that want to jump on the bandwagon.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think in another thread he said they were there when he bought it.
yep..on there when i bought it

What are the badges/stickers under the fender signal lamps?
haha..i dont wanna say!

..they say "platinum edition"..haha..oh..and equally cheesy...sometime in its life....this bad boy recieved the "gold edition"...lol..check out the inside door handles....the trunk roundel..trunk keyhole...and the m fender grills....all gold plated haha - i recently put matte black fender grills on

In before this thread gets Penged.
guess i'm a noob...whats penged?

·
Falling from 14k ft.
4,030 Posts
haha..i dont wanna say!

..they say "platinum edition"..haha..oh..and equally cheesy...sometime in its life....this bad boy recieved the "gold edition"...lol..check out the inside door handles....the trunk roundel..trunk keyhole...and the m fender grills....all gold plated haha - i recently put matte black fender grills on
Sounds like you have a fix-er-upper. How many miles?

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Removing those fenders should be at the top of your list. Or keeping them making sure the rest of the car matches, which will cost you a lot of money.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like you have a fix-er-upper. How many miles?
i was afraid of same thing..but so far no problems..137k mi

Removing those fenders should be at the top of your list. Or keeping them but getting a drop and some decent wheels asap.
agreed...want diff wheels for sure...dont necessarily wanna put the money into fenders/bumper/paint...so i'll prob just pick up some oem m3 wheels and hope it balances the fenders out some....i wish there were an easier way to get the rear m3 fenders, than welding em in...

·
Falling from 14k ft.
4,030 Posts
i was afraid of same thing..but so far no problems..137k mi
That's good to hear. Hopefully it stays that way. But I was actually talking about removing all the gold and the stickers and getting that car back to BMW status.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's good to hear. Hopefully it stays that way. But I was actually talking about removing all the gold and the stickers and getting that car back to BMW status.
i figured you were implying it had been less than maintained by the same person that would put gold on it haha

yah anti-goldifying it has been my top priority...fender grills down..just need to order a new roundel for the trunk and new interior door handles...i'm hoping i'll be able to scotch pad the cheap gold plating off the trunk key lock...as replacing that would be a pain

·
Falling from 14k ft.
4,030 Posts
i figured you were implying it had been less than maintained by the same person that would put gold on it haha

yah anti-goldifying it has been my top priority...fender grills down..just need to order a new roundel for the trunk and new interior door handles...i'm hoping i'll be able to scotch pad the cheap gold plating off the trunk key lock...as replacing that would be a pain
:rofl: This thread is officially racist.

Sanding the paint off will probably be difficult if you don't remove the cylinder. Have you thought about just painting over it? Maybe black?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I would keep the M3 fenders, someone put a lot of time, effort and money into getting them on the car. It does look slightly unbalanced but its really not that bad.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Car looks good, but a few things that caught my eye: your bumper doesnt match the fender color, and your leather needs some serous TLC

·
Registered
2003 330i/5
227 Posts
I'd keep the M3 fenders. It's different. I saw a 550is with the vents in the fender. Instead of an ///M it had the BMW roundel. Perhaps if you could find a set of those?

Just my $.02. It's different, I like.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I know you said that you wanna get M3 wheels just cause you like them but maybe you should reconsider based off the fact that you have m3 fenders on a 323. There are many nice rims out there, perhaps CSL reps.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts